Monday, May 4, 2015

Google Drive

Google Drive is a remarkable platform for teachers and students to share work. Since acquiring Chromebooks in the classroom, it is easy for students to complete assignments that can be monitored, edited, and corrected online.

This technology has been especially helpful in the expanse of writing. Students are able to peer edit simply by sharing their work with one another. They can comment, make corrections, and communicate anywhere there is access to the internet. In the same fashion, as an educator, I am able to view student progress and correct completed work with ease. Another positive aspect of using this tool is that it is paperless. Google Drive eliminates the need to have a stack of essays to grade and tote around. Also, it is obviously better for the environment and helps cut paper costs for schools and districts. It has proved to be a marvelous application for steering the classroom in a technological direction.


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea. But I find it difficult to get students in the 6th grade familiar with the process while in an occasional lab setting. I could see the benefit if I had a class set of computers like you do.
    Maybe one day I'll have my own too! :)

    ReplyDelete