Wednesday, May 6, 2015

iTunes Personal Movie Library and the iCloud


This may seem like common sense in the information age, however, I have been utilizing the movie aspect of iTunes to supplement material covered in my social studies and language arts classes. Over the years I have purchased movies such as: The Story of the Buddha, The Truman Show, and Nosferatu. All movies I show throughout the school year. It is nice to have all of the films in one place, if I am at a new computer, the only thing I have to do is log into iCloud, and download the film onto the machine I am using. As a humanities teacher, film has always been an excellent supplement. Now with technology, the access to this tool is at your finger tips. 

I have also found that the iTunes store is filled with many great educational titles. I recommend the next time you plan to show a film in your class, that you purchase it on iTunes. This way you have it forever, and can easily access it later.

1 comment:

  1. Usually, I go to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Discovery Education, and sometimes YouTube for movie accees. I have yet to check out the iTunes selection, but it sounds like a great place to look! Thanks Dyame :)

    ReplyDelete