Tuesday, May 5, 2015

TCI Textbook - Online


One thing I would like to be able to incorporate in my class is an online textbook.  The TCI program we use has available an online textbook.  I've asked about getting a class/district subscription to the site but I haven't heard anything about it.  With students finishing work at different paces and our classes only getting bigger, I think it would help us maintain an appropriate pace in the class and keep students accountable.  In the last couple of years, I've had more and more parents inquire about an online copy of the book.  I point them towards the TCI site...but tell them we don't have a subscription.
What are your thoughts about pushing for an online option of our textbook for students?


5 comments:

  1. I love this idea. It would be especially useful if we all had a class set of Chromebooks for students to access online texts. I'm curious to know if there is an option of completing work online as well, such as an online version of the workbook and/or tests. Could we possibly create our own version of this somehow? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I tried accessing it online once, but it requires a login...like everything else. It's frustrating that our math curriculum uses online books and they are new. Our TCI books and curriculum has been around for seven or eight years...and we have no access to the online book. I don't understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to do the same for our 8th Grade U.S. History Textbooks. There is a way but it has to start at the district office. They have to enter all your student names and then you have to do something as well. Like everything there is the initial set-up headaches but I think it would really help our kids I will check this out more as next year begins. It makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to do the same for our 8th Grade U.S. History Textbooks. There is a way but it has to start at the district office. They have to enter all your student names and then you have to do something as well. Like everything there is the initial set-up headaches but I think it would really help our kids I will check this out more as next year begins. It makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Tony, I really like the TCI website. If we had full access to the technology provided by this company, I believe the students would be more engaged. We should talk to Gayle about this.

    ReplyDelete