Monday, January 25, 2016

Google Docs vs MS Office

Image result for google docs vs office
We have a curriculum project that is in Publisher and after several attempts to transfer the document into Google Docs for students to work on, we were unsuccessful.  This led to large scale (37 students) confusion on how to upload a document from the internet, save it to their SVSD user share and work on it from there.  Students have come to rely on Google Docs and have very little familiarity with other programs.  At the end of the project, I have conflicting thoughts as to whether I would do the project next year at all.  If there was a way to transfer the Publisher document to Google Docs for students to work on it...I'd be willing to give it another try.  I guess another way to address this would be to recreate the document in another form that is Google Drive friendly....anyone know of one?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I love using Google Docs with the kids because it is so easy to use and share. However, our kids should have some diversity in their technology skills. Other than it being somewhat of a management nightmare, I enjoyed the project because it allowed this variety to be presented to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete