Thursday, April 23, 2015


I have used Hapara quite a bit this year. It is a great way to go paperless. At first, I found it odd not to have the physical paper to correct, or write on, however overtime I have come to appreciate how much my school bag has lightened without 75 papers or essays in it. It works in correlation with Google Drive.

Another great aspect of the dashboard is that you can access all of your students documents in one place. With a couple of clicks you can check several documents.

Management- When I am in the computer lab using Hapara while my students are supposed to be working on their essays, I have the ability to check their document live, to see what they are doing from my computer. I use the chat box to joke around with them, and build rapport while they are working. 

Finally, while they are working, I can edit their document live, which means they see the changes I am making while they are at their computer. I usually highlight the changes or suggestions I made, and write my initials at next to it.

Give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. These are great suggestions Dyame! I have been using Google Drive frequently this year and have done minimal management via Hapara. It's nice to be able to see the document live and in progress. I like the idea of using it as a tool to build a rapport with the kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D,
    I like the idea of being paperless but I feel like without my students having access to computers in my class, it is more of a management nightmare. With our class sizes and so many working at such different paces, going to the lab is frustrating.
    Maybe if I had a full set of chrome books in my class, I would give it more thought and consideration. Maybe one day we'll be there!
    Thanks,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great way for A) someone with daily access to computers or at least for the days you are doing a task, B) someone who kind of understands the tech behind it and can easily maneuver in and out. I would think that this would make great sense in a class with more writing. But I can see how I could use it to manage certain assignments in SS as well. I would have to figure out how get certain packets on there for the kids to use. Like it and see the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete