Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Grammar Practice Tests

One of the things that I found very helpful this year when covering grammar was having students use their computers at home to help them study.  As I taught each unit on grammar, Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, etc., I would look online for resources where students could take practice tests on each part of speech as we completed it.  As the grammar units progressed, many students excelled because of their efforts outside of class.  I would provide a few websites up on the board for them to copy down and use at home.  If any student found another one while searching at home and brought it in to share, I would offer up a couple of Hawk Bucks.  It was a great way for the kids to use the resources at home to help them study for the assessments. I could tell who studied as well.  Many of the assessments online were similar to my assessments and kids did well.
Well worth the effort to find a few and let the kids do the rest.


For example...see the following.
http://www.softschools.com/quizzes/grammar/noun/quiz295.html


Tony

1 comment:

  1. I am always looking for new ways to enrich grammar instruction. This is a great idea, I will consider using this as a part of my grammar homework next year! :)

    ReplyDelete