Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Text Messaging

As most of you know I am also coach here at Chief Kanim. The other day, there were some players who did not show up to practice. I asked the players who were present to give me the missing players cell phone numbers.

I texted the missing players, and within seconds they responded with their apologies, and that they would be joining us for practice shortly.

In reflection I realized it was a powerful tool, and quite immediate. What is the protocol for writing, or responding to a student text message? Is there language for this? Just curious.

1 comment:

  1. Lemming...I think I have a solution for you. It's called Remind. It's an app/website that I have used this year and am pretty sure I'll make it part of my classroom next year. It's an app that parents or students can subscribe to and it's basically a way of communicating without the need for cell numbers. You can send out a text to all who have subscribed and if needed, they can respond but there are no phone numbers involved. It's pretty slick...super easy and effective. I use it for Golf Club.

    ReplyDelete