Tuesday, May 10, 2016

E-Readers




Image result for e readers


Teacher seeking wisdom...please comment.


With our new LA curriculum adoption and the novels that will be needed to go along with it, I am wondering if E-Readers would be worth looking into?  I'm not one that enjoys reading on an electronic device, but I know most of my students have books on their phones or other electronic devices.  Not sure if it would save money in the long run or not...but am wondering if we made it a requirement for each student to have as a middle school student, would it reduce costs for book purchases in the long run and also be more user friendly for the student?
Just wondering....



1 comment:

  1. Mr. Man - I have been a proponent for e-readers in our school for a long time. My idea would be to provide an assigned e-reader to all incoming sixth graders. They are responsible for their e-reader until their completion of eighth grade where they return their e-reader. If for some reason they damage or lose them, they would be responsible for replacing it.

    ReplyDelete